MBG 101 Introductory Biology 3 credit hours
Instructor: Prof. Dr. H. Çağlar Karakaya
Office: MBG D211
Office hours: by appointment
Course Objectives: The primary objective of this course is to explore chemical context of life, water and the fitness of the environment, carbon and the molecular diversity of life, the structure and function of macromolecules, membrane structure and function, metabolism, cellular respiration, cell communication, the chromosomal basis of inheritance, from gene to protein, the genetics of viruses and bacteria, eukaryotic genomes, DNA technology and genomics, the genetic basis of development
Table of Contents
3. Water .
4. Carbon. The basis of molecular diversity
5. Biological macromoleculs and lipids
7. Cell Structure and Function.
8. Cell membranes
16. Nucleic acid and Inheritance.
17. Expression of genes
18. Control of Gene Expression
20. DNA technologyy
21.Evoluation of Genomes
Book: Campell Biology
Assignments and Grading:
1 Midterm (%40)
1 Final ( %40)
- Teacher: Hüseyin Çağlar Karakaya